Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Is self reliance becoming endangered?

I have always loved our neighbors to the south, but I have recently become a very big fan of the country of Chile.  We have seen many natural disasters hit around the world recently and some very close to home in the recent years.  While we should be open to others helping at those extreme times, it does make me wonder if we are losing our self reliance in cultures all over the world?.  I find it fascinating that in the wake of the disaster currently affecting Chile, the country responded initially by declining international assistance.  Good for them!
Read full story here:  http://sofiaecho.com/2010/02/28/865914_chile-earthquake-has-affected-more-than-two-million-people

When everything goes to hell in a hand basket how do you deal with it?  How do I?  What and how are you preparing and teaching your kids to deal with challenges?  Wow, just another topic to examine with my own parenting in teaching my kids self reliance.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind!