Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mudding on the fourth of July! (in downtown Houston)

It’s a great day anytime that I’m with my kids! Then add in a couple of extras and you have one of the greatest days in my life. My son took the photo of this spectacular sunset as we sat upon a hill overlooking an empty lot in downtown Houston. Normally empty lots are not that exciting, but in this case the combination of cars and mud made for an entertaining show before the fireworks started. We initially circled the block and couldn’t understand why nobody was parking in this empty lot almost on top of the fireworks display. Well after driving over the curb and 7 feet into the grass (mud) I now knew why. Luckily Jeepy Jr. (Jeep Wrangler Unlimited) loves the mud and as such we spent 30 minutes looping around the empty lot with my children cackling the entire time and encouraging Jeepy Jr every step of the way. As if that was not fun enough we spent more time watching poor souls in non four wheel drives pull into the mud pit one by one and get stuck. At the bottom of the photo you can see the cars piled up. What a way to spend the fourth of July!!

If you haven’t figured it out, My kids named our jeep. Heaven forbid I not say, “Jeepy Jr”.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind!