Sunday, July 13, 2008

Poll results

My last poll asking who should raise kids confirmed some of the "scary" conversations that I've been running into. While 63% of voters stated that both parents should raise children and another 22% stated that a village should raise children. A disturbing 15% stated that only moms should raise children. On the plus side is that a part of me expected a higher than 15% response stating that only moms should raise kids. It saddens me to see any percent state that only one parent should raise kids, since I'm an ardent believer that kids need both parents. However, with 85% believing that it takes involvement of more than one parent, I have some relief and hope for the future.
Who knows? Maybe in time the family court system will catch on that it takes more than one parent to raise kids. At least I can dream..


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind!