Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Is Disney joining in on male bashing?



This video was brought to my attention under the guise of "Disney joins in the male bashing movement". While I will agree that some days I feel like a human pinata or simply part of the most hated gender in this corner of our universe. I don't agree with all supposed signs of anti male or anti father bashing examples and view points brought to my attention. More directly I find myself often thinking, I just don't care what others think of me. I have two children to focus on and I'm very comfortable with the father I am and will continue to be. I was also raised to understand that there are two sides to every story. Despite my best efforts to stand on my own merits and accomplishments others will try and paint a proverbial box or identity for me. So call me an Evil Male, Evil Father, Evil Boyfriend, Evil Husband, Evil Ex-boyfriend, Evil Ex-Husband, Evil Capitalist, Evil Conservative, Evil Liberal, Evil Christian/other faith, Evil Houstonian, Evil Texan, Evil American, Evil Earthling. I just don't really care and besides I think it's funny.
Is this video male bashing coming from my beloved Disney? No idea.
Am I raising my daughter with a victim mindset or allowing my son to accept the role of villain? Definitely not!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind!