Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quick somebody hand Dad a beer!!

This is a very serious subject, but let's see if I can sprinkle in a little sarcasm and humor. Prostate Cancer is a well known potential issue and an ongoing courageous battle many men face and are at risk for. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that something this serious would give me the greatest excuse in the world. The excuse to drink BEER.

The world has completely changed for me and after a little fact checking to confirm some of the credible research on this topic, I am having a beer. I recommend you do your own research for who knows I could be drinking a beer as I type. Do you really want to take advice from a liquored up blogging single dad? I didn't think so.

Assuming you come to the same conclusion that I have, just imagine our new world. I wonder if beer will be tax deductible as a medical related expense?

Before/after:
Night out with the boys? Nope, I'm now off to my prostate prevention support group with my buddies at the pub.
Am I drunk? Nope, I am just dedicating myself to fighting prostate cancer!
Your boss asks if you're drinking at the office? Of course and I brought beer for everyone!
Watching the game on TV? I am now partaking in preventative medicine!

Cheers Dad!

***
"Pints for Prostates is an awareness campaign designed to reach men through the universal language of beer. We want to communicate with them in a friendly and non-threatening way about the need for regular PSA testing," says Rick Lyke, a 47-year-old Charlotte, N.C., marketing executive and drinks journalist who was diagnosed with prostate cancer in February. "Early detection is the key to fighting prostate cancer and a PSA test and a physical exam are the best method to catch it early."
source: http://www.ustoo.org/PintsforProstate.asp
***


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind!