Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Old grumpy olive tree legend known as the Olive Tree of Vouves by CWK

On the Greek island of Crete sits an ancient olive tree given the name,

"Olive Tree of Vouves". It is estimated to be over 3,000 years old with
only six other olive trees estimated to be over 2,000 years old in the
region. The Tree of Vouves is still producing olives that while highly
prized in European countries, are relatively unknown the America's. I
definitely need to get my hands on some of these olives.

I love the fact that my olive trees are hardy, drought/disease/fire
resistant, but over 3,000 years old my trees are not. Texas has some
catching up to do in the olive tree world, but Texas extra virgin olive
oil is second to none. It's good to know that my labors today in the
orchards can last thousands of years. I do wonder what is the oldest
olive tree is both in Texas and in the America's? Some more research to
do...

http://www.texasangeloil.com






Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind!