Friday, March 12, 2010

Hello Avon and bye bye Susan G. Komen

I am greatly disappointed to learn that the Susan G. Komen race the cure is tied to a very questionable group.  Why on earth does a charity give to other organizations in the midst of public issues?  I'm not 100% clear of the specifics, but as near as I have researched 25% of donations to Susan G. Komen go to Planned Parenthood.  I'm not going to get into the whole right to life vs. right to choose, but I'm not comfortable in my money going to Planned Parenthood.  Nor do I like the fact that I give money to one charity and they in turn support another group, especially one that is the epicenter of so much controversy.  Give the money, my money, to doctors, researchers and others directly fighting breast cancer.  How hard is that?  More plainly put, I think it's total crap and I'm pissed off since I have donated in the past to the Susan G. Komen.

Now I have to stay away from the Susan G. Komen Sponsors as well:
Yoplait
American Airlines
Ford
New Balance (easy since their kids shoes are questionable quality now)
Re/Max Realty
Quilted Northern and Georgia Pacific Products (www.gp.com)
Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity

I sure hope Avon Walk for Breast Cancer is completely above board and assuming they are, then they are way up there on my charity list.  http://www.avonwalk.org


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind!